Friday, February 16, 2018

Tender Thursday

Read

"award-winning author of sexy contemporary romances, historical romances and paranormal romance novels" Kiru Taye's My Angel on her site. And let me know how you liked it, in the comments section below.


Browse

Find Chinua Achebe's Bear with me my love/ in the hour of my silence;” on Writer Rites. I'm afraid I can find no good video rendering of a poem of his - at least not a romantic one!

While I have not recently read a Chinua Achebe, I enjoyed a Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie some time back. What drew me to her will also take me back to Achebe - I remember being deeply moved by the news of Biafra although I was very small at the time. I found her novel quite an unbiased look and yet one that effortlessly placed me at the heart of a very disturbing time. 

On Valentine's Day, speak the language of love with African romance anthology is an article which does just that. Although the article is from 2015, it introduces us to names we might not otherwise have encountered and each such is loaded with the promise of something new and wonderful. I do hope that some reader will purchase the books from the publisher in question's website.

In the meantime, do use the preview function on the book covers and taste of this marvelous selection.







And so to Friday and a look at the real Lara in Pasternak's novel, a poem from Neruda and a short story by Scott Fitzgerald.




 

No comments: